Planning a vacay get-away for your spring break?! Relax on the beach, enjoy yourself, and live your week care free – except when it comes to your beauty routine! To ensure you stay beautiful from head to toe, we’ve come up with 5 beauty tips for your spring break!
1. When the words “spring break” come to mind, we think one thing: beach. We know you’ll probably be basking in the sun on a tropical beach somewhere, but don’t forget those 3 letters – SPF. Wearing an SPF is a long term investment in your skin’s health. A moisturizing SPF is the key to warding off premature fine lines and wrinkles, not to mention age spots and hyper pigmentation, and most importantly, protects you from the harmful rays of the sun that may cause cancer. In addition to wearing an SPF, wear brimmed hats and large sunglasses, and take shade under a palm tree or an umbrella. Apply sunscreen before and after a dip in the pool or ocean!
2. Stay hydrated both internally, and externally. Drink plenty of fluids (and we’re not talking margaritas) to maintain hydration within your body. Keep your skin hydrated at all times as well. Even while you’re on the beach, give your skin a little spritz of our Algo Mist Hydrating Seaweed Facial Spray, which comes in travel size, and can be thrown right into your beach bag! Seaweed concentrate, Gingko Extract, Orange Water and Vitamin C will hydrate and nourish your skin, while Organic Aloe, known for it’s soothing and healing properties, will cool down your sun-exposed skin!
3. If you’re swimming in a pool filled with chlorine everyday, your hair is going to feel extremely dry and worn out while your away. While showering before heading out for the night, treat your hair with a mask, such as our Hair Spa Seaweed Mask. This restorative treatment with Seaweed, Hydrolized Silk, Aloe Vera, and Avocado Oil will help condition your hair, protect it against chemicals, and have it feeling silky smooth and it’s best while on your vacation!
4. Pack your skincare essentials! Don’t sacrfice your skin and start using hotel soap to cleanse your face. Instead, bring quality skincare with you, such as our Hydra 4 Travel Collection. With your skin being exposed to different elements in a new environment, chemicals from pool water, and lathered with sunscreen, Hydra 4 for Sensitive Skin is the perfect travel collection to incorporate into your skincare regime while your away.
5. At the end of each day, and once you’ve returned home, make sure to give your skin some relief. With all the exposure to the sun your skin is going to need some healing. Hydra Soleil Deep Relief Tea Gel is a blend of Aloe Vera, Seaweed, and Green and White Tea Extract, and is perfect to apply to cool your skin down. After a long spring break when your skin feels tight and in need of nourishment, this gel will be your go-to.
Where are you headed for spring break? Tell us in the comments below!
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Always seek the advice of your doctor or health provider with any questions or concerns you may have about a medical condition.