When it comes to skin care, esthetician, massage therapist and owner of David Douglas Spa, Brian David Douglas, can testify that skin care is not just for women – men love skin care too!
In fact, 80% of Brian’s clients are male and providing exceptional skin care for men is why Brian continues to be successful in a very competitive market in Wilton Manors, FL.
In addition to being an esthetician, Brian has over ten years of experience providing massage therapy for post-operative and oncology care in a clinical hospital setting and teaches massage therapy at the American Institute of Wellness and Beauty in Margate, FL.
Learn about Brian’s personal daily skin care routine and what products, treatments, and skin care advice keep his male clients looking young!
What is your personal daily skin care routine?
- Step 1: While I’m in the shower I cleanse with Vita Cura Triple Action Cleansing Cream.
- Step 2: After I get out of the shower I spray Algo Mist Hydrating Seaweed Facial Spray.
- Step 3: I apply C-Serum Seaweed Filtrate to my entire face and Vita Cura Opti-Lift Serum to my eye and neck area to help target lines.
- Step 4: I use T-Zone Balance Shine Control Serum on my nose to prevent shine and on my head!
- Step 5: I finish off with Mineral Face Shield to mattify my skin.
How long have you been using these and have they made a difference on your skin?
I’ve been using these products for the past 2 years and my skin has TOTALLY changed for the better!
What are the most common skin concerns you see amongst clients, and how do you help with these concerns?
My spa is located in Fort Lauderdale, FL., where most of my clients are men looking for treatments to keep them young and fun! They are overexposed to the sun and want anti-aging treatments to get their skin back into shape.
For this, the Vita Cura 5 Phase Firming Facial and Vita Cura Collection for at-home use are what I recommend to my clients. In addition, Mineral Face Shield is wonderful for environmental protection – it’s our best-selling product.
Large pores are another large concern for my male clients, and the Hydra Medic Sea Mud Perfecting Mask is a favorite to help with this.
(Vita Cura Collection is popular amongst Brian’s clients to help reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles)
What have the results been for clients since using these products/treatments?
Amazing! One of my clients is in his 60’s and had very deep lines around his eyes. After just one Vita Cura 5 Phase Firming Facial, we were both in awe of how amazing and visible his results were. He is now a big advocate for my spa and the products.
(Before and after with Repêchage Vita Cura 5 Phase Firming Facial)
What do you tell your clients is the MOST important step in their skin care routine and why?
Commit to a skin care routine and actually use your skin care products!
For clients who just can’t commit to a full skin care routine, I always recommend they at least _____.
Add a good cleanser to your life! Don’t let shampoo or a bar of soap run over your face and work as your cleanser.
What are your top 3 skin care tips for clients?
- Always protect your skin.
- Seek professional consultation.
- Take your skin care professional’s suggestion – If you are going to a spa, it’s because you’ve noticed some concerns and what you’re using is not working. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars buying products that don’t work, listen to your professional!
What are your top 3 health and wellness tips for clients?
- Live life to the fullest.
- Have fun, but not too much fun – everything in moderation!
- Please, please, please stop smoking!
David Douglas Spa
1201 NE 26th St, Suite # 104.
Wilton Manors, FL