Wedding season is here! Those tying the knot or taking part in someone’s big day often wonder – what do you need to be doing to ensure your skin is picture perfect the day-of? We checked with our skin care experts who shared their top tips.
- Don’t “guess” at your skin care – If your skin is not how you want it to be – don’t start guessing. Go straight to a professional ASAP! He/she can come up with a daily skin care regimen of how to take care of your skin at-home leading up to the big day, and advise when/what type of skin treatments would be best to address your skin concerns.
- Use an at-home face mask – We’re certain you’re professional will advise this, but we want to re-iterate the point. Using an at-home face mask can make or break your makeup application and really help give you that glow on the big day. *Be sure to test it out at least two before the big day to make sure you do not have any reaction.
- Be ready for skin emergencies – With weddings, comes inevitable stress that can cause you to breakout or lose sleep. Be prepared for both. Keep some beauty emergency essentials on hand: a zit zapper for pop-up pimples and eye pads to conceal your dark circles, bags, and evidence of lack of sleep.
- Put your makeup to the test – You need to make sure you get the look you want. Good skin care is going to ensure long wear, but do a makeup trial prior to your wedding. Especially for your lips, if you’re thinking of wearing a specific lip color or lip stain, give it a test run beforehand. You need to see if it’ it will really be long-lasting or if it’s going to leave you with dry, flaky lips. One great trick – use seaweed oil before applying and reapply throughout the day to keep them hydrated.
- Decide on hair removal – Be mindful of what hair you want removed or sculpted (brows, legs, bikini, under arms, etc.) and how it can potentially affect your skin. For example, if you want to get a wax treatment but never have, it’s best you go at least a few days to a week in advance so that if your skin is sensitive there will be time for any redness or irritation to heal.
- Prepare a day-of beauty kit – What to bring? Get advice from your hair and makeup artist on what you need to pack. Some essentials include: small sewing kit, scissors, safety pins, double sided tape, bobby pins, mints, razor, tissues, deodorant, nail file/clipper, band aids, and hair spray. Keep a running list of things as it gets closer to the big day!
Do you have any other skin care tips for brides? Share them in the comments below.
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Always seek the advice of your doctor or health provider with any questions or concerns you may have about a medical condition.