If you have been taking care of your skin throughout your life and doing preventative care, you’re probably in good shape – but if you haven’t, your 60’s & up can be a time that signs of aging are visible, meaning your skin needs some repair.
1. Serum Before Moisturizer (Always!) – At this age, your skin needs extra-hydration to make up for the decline of oil production that started in your 40’s & extra nourishment – both of which a serum can provide. Before applying your moisturizer, apply an anti-aging serum like our Vita Cura® Cell Renewal Serum to help hydrate & repair aged, damaged skin. Hyaluronic Acid in this serum is extremely moisturizing to the skin, and helps heal & repair tissue, while Deep Sea Thermophyllus helps to aid in fibroblast recovery, and natural skin recovery.
2. Choose a Rich & Peptide-Packed Moisturizer – Over time, your skin has lost elastin & collagen, causing it to be thinner, and wrinkles and fine lines to be more prominent. Therefore, you need to be choosing a moisturizer that is both rich in texture and contains firming ingredients, like our Vita Cura Triple Firming Cream. This moisturizer is especially ideal for this age, as it is packed with peptides known to help tighten the skin, as well as Red Clover Extract, which can help improve the appearance of skin thickness. Doing facial massages with your moisturizer at home is especially great for your skin!
3. Treat Your Eyes (Naturally!) – Botox may be tempting, but let’s face it – a medical procedure is not only costly, but risky. To treat those fine lines and wrinkles in the eye area, use a natural lifting serum like our Opti-Lift Serum. Like our Triple Firm Creaming, peptides are used in this serum to help do the trick! Hexapeptide-8, also known as Argireline® Hexapeptide, targets expression lines. It is also known to help lessen the appearance of depth in already existing wrinkles.
4. Cream Masks Only – If you’re in your 60’s, choose a bi-weekly mask that is creamy in texture, like our Hydra Dew Illuminating Cream Mask. This is especially great for matured skin that is drier, and will help to give your skin a rich conditioning treatment.
5. Use Makeup Wisely – With age comes intelligence – so don’t be foolish & make the mistake of packing on a ton of makeup! This will not trick people into thinking you are younger than you are. Packing on too much foundation or powder, can actually make fine lines or wrinkles more distinct. Instead, go light and natural. Choose a powder and foundation that matches your skin type, as well as a concealer, to hide any dark circles, or dark spots you may have.
6. Exfoliate – It’s always important to exfoliate regularly to get rid of dull skin. Use a safe method of exfoliation such as our Rapidex® Marine Exfoliator With Phyto-Marine Actives. Not only does this exfoliator help to rid the skin of dead cells, but it helps to diminish the look of age spots and discoloration, revealing younger, clearer, and a brighter complexion with more even texture and tone!