At this stage in your life, what used to be late nights out with friends has transitioned into late nights at the office. If you do make it out for a happy hour, the request for your ID has become a sign that you still got it! Now is the time to nip aging in the bud with these 5 tips.
1. Use a soap-free cleanser. You may find yourself having breakouts that remind you of times in high school. One of the reasons this can be is because you’re using a soap-based cleanser that is stripping your skin of natural oils, causing your oil glands to overproduce and breakouts to emerge! Use a soap-free cleanser like our Sea Cleanse Foaming Seaweed Cleanser, suitable for all skin types, to avoid this.
2. Specifically in your 30s your hormones begin to change and your skin’s natural ability to renew itself slows down. Laminaria Digitata seaweed can help! Prior to applying your moisturizer, use a serum like our C-Serum Seaweed Filtrate, made with pure Laminaria Digitata seaweed extract. This seaweed is known to help increase cell proliferation to help make up for your change in hormones, and will help to hydrate and nourish your skin for a youthful complexion.
3. Pick the right moisturizer. Moisturizing is key to help hydrate your skin and prevent against early signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles. Though your skin probably isn’t ready for your grandma’s night cream – try a seaweed based cream like our Hydro-Complex® PFS – For Oily/Combination Skin. This oil-free formula based on the Physiological Filtrate of Seaweed (PFS), our proprietary sea-complex, will help to prevent those unwanted breakouts while nourishing, re-mineralizing and hydrating your skin.
4. Exfoliate (the right way!) Although stripping your early 20’s from existence can sound appealing, harsh chemical peels and microdermabrasion can cause more damage for your skin in the long term. Instead, for maintenance at home, a great mask to use is our One-Minute Exfoliating Mask. You can use it right in the shower, even if you’re short on time – it only takes a minute! Not only will it help to exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells, but this mask works to improve skin clarity, give your skin a deep cleanse, and absorbs oil without drying.
5. Incorporate an anti-aging eye product. Long hours and lack of sleep can cause bags and dark circles in your eye area. Plus, this is one of the first areas to show signs of aging, including wrinkles and crow’s feet. Ward off such by using an anti-aging eye product, such as our Biolight™ Frost Bright Eye Contour Gel . Especially after a long happy hour the day before, the boost of energy from the caffeine and cooling factor of this gel will be the perfect pick me up for the morning.
What are your tricks to keep your skin young? Tell us in the comments below!
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Always seek the advice of your doctor or health provider with any questions or concerns you may have about a medical condition.