Lemongrass Day Spa is an award-winning spa that has serviced clients for over 13 years.
Voted "Best of South Georgia" and "Best Day Spa" by Valdosta Daily Times, owner and esthetician Michelle Lamb oversees nine treatment rooms and a staff of highly trained professionals to provide facials, massage, wax, makeup and waxing services.
Both Michelle and her staff have a passion to provide unique, customized spa experiences that deliver results and are developed for their clients' individual needs.
Read on to learn about how Repêchage skin care has made a difference in her skin, and for her clients, as well as get great advice from a licensed esthetician and skin care expert who truly believes in the importance of skin care and is dedicated to providing exceptional services for her clients.
What is your personal daily skin care routine?
I have “normal skin” with concerns like the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and hyperpigmentation.
Since using the following products (and being consistent with my usage!) my skin concerns have decreased tremendously.
- I then dab Vita Cura Triple Firming Cream around my eyes.
- To finish off I use a powder containing sunscreen.
I do not use makeup remover!
Finding a good cleanser to remove makeup and impurities from the day was important to me.
- To do this, I begin my nightly routine by washing my face with the Biolight Brightening Cleanser.
- After I use Rapidex Marine Exfoliator — This product keeps my face smooth without over exfoliation. I apply this to my face, neck and my hands, even.
- Once a week at night I will exfoliate with Honey and Almond Scrub or apply the One-Minute Exfoliating Mask. I follow with the Biolight Brightening Miracle Mask.
How long have you been using Repêchage and why Repêchage?
I began using Repêchage in 2004, so it has been almost 14 years now.
I still love them just as much as I did the first time I used them.
The fact that the products are made in the USA and contain ingredients from the sea are two of the many reasons I began and continue to use these products.
The specific items I use in my skin care routine have helped decrease the visible signs of aging and have helped me maintain skin that looks smooth and virtually wrinkle-free.
What are the most popular retail products and spa treatments among your clients?
Repêchage Seaweed Facial with Dermaplaning
What are the most common skin concerns you see amongst clients, and how do you help with these concerns?
Being in South Georgia, our client’s main concerns are the appearance of hyperpigmentation, problem skin, and wrinkles/fine lines.
To reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation: Repêchage Biolight Collection
Fine lines and wrinkles: Repêchage Biolight Collection and/or the Repêchage Vita Cura Collection.
- Oily and problem skin: Repêchage Hydra Medic Collection
What results have the clients seen since using these products/treatments?
Some clients have seen results immediately while others have seen results within a week.
Clients find the products have brightened the appearance of their dark spots and smoothed the look of their fine lines and wrinkles.
Clients with problem skin are seeing a decrease in the amount of oil/shine produced along with a decrease in the appearance of redness and irritation of their skin.
What do you tell your clients is the MOST important step in their skin care routine and why?
It is important to make sure they are cleansing and toning their face properly.
Cleansing your face helps remove dirt, oil, and impurities to give your face a fresh new look.
If not cleansed properly, the dirt and left over impurities will stay in their pores, which could cause blackheads and could eventually cause breakouts.
For clients who just can’t commit to a full skin care routine, I always recommend that they at least _____.
Buy a good cleanser and toner!
BUT, if you want to see results with your skin, you really should commit to a full routine — This will help achieve your end goals.
What are your top skin care tips for clients?
Wash and tone your skin morning and night! I cannot stress enough how important this is.
- Make sure you are wearing the proper day/night cream with sunscreen.
- Exfoliate and use a mask once week.
What are your top 3 health and wellness tips for clients?
Drink the proper amount of water daily. I drink 64 ounces a day, which is eight eight-ounce glasses.
- Working out increases blood flow and helps nourish skin cells. Cardio helps flush the toxins from the body, feeding minerals and nutrients to the cells subsequently helping with the regeneration of skin and cells.
- Protect your skin from the sun! Stay out of the sun or wear the proper amount of sunscreen. Over the years daily sun exposure causes premature aging, which can lead to a reduction in skin elasticity.
Lemongrass Day Spa
3338 Country Club Rd.
Valdosta, GA 31605