Some people are a little hesitant to get a facial for lots of reasons – they don’t know what to expect, or how to approach making a commitment to their skin. Between needing a good dose of “device detox” to helping deep clean, rehydrate, and pamper skin, now is the time to establish a relationship with a great esthetician. Here, we outline 5 things that may inspire you to get over that hump and experience your first facial!
- One facial really can do your skin good. Although your skin will only get better and better with frequent visits to the spa, you can immediately see and feel the difference in your skin’s appearance with seaweed-based facials. This includes effects such as a brighter looking complexion, reduced appearance of redness, skin that appears firmer and more hydrated. These will vary depending on the facial you choose, but results will be more long-term with regular spa visits.
- Time is on your side. You can opt to spend a full day to relax at the spa, or make a facial a quick part of your day. In fact, there are express facials that can be done on your lunch break! Whichever you choose is up to you, but even a 15-minute facial can help give your skin (and mental state!) the boost it needs.
- Facials work best in a series. Booking facials in series gets you to build good habits for long term care. By committing to getting facials regularly and following the skin care advice of your esthetician, you will see a return on your skinvestment.
- Facials can be more than just a facial. Express facials are just one of the ways to get your beauty fix if you live a busy life. You can maximize your time at the spa by incorporating your facial into one of your spa or salon essential treatments, such as pedicures, manicures, foot massages, hand massages, even waxing. All of these can all be done while getting a facial!
- Post-facial, bask in the afterglow! No, really. Your skin will probably feel the best it’s ever felt after a facial. Don’t rush to cover it up with a ton of makeup, or go home and scrub your face – enjoy that fresh face feeling!
Booking your first facial is an investment towards a cleaner, clearer future for your skin. Celebrate it as a milestone in your life, because your first facial marks when you started taking skin care seriously!
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Always seek the advice of your doctor or health provider with any questions or concerns you may have about a medical condition.