September is not just back to school, but back to routines and that includes your skin care. Getting back into a daily a.m. and p.m. routine is the perfect way to keep skin looking healthy and glowing.
Here are five ingredients to incorporate into your skin care program that will remind you of Summer while they help restore the appearance of the skin and keep your glow going into Fall.
1. Seaweed: This has been shown to have the greatest bio-affinity to the human body, its chemical makeup close to the elements found in human plasma. Seaweed such as Laminaria Digitata have been found to contain 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids and 42 minerals and trace elements, as well as many important nutrients, including polyunsaturated fatty acids, enzymes and bioactive peptides.
Find it in: The Biolight® Collection for Dull, Uneven Skin, which includes cleanser, day and night cream, contains an exclusive Laminaria Complex that combines nurturing Laminaria Digitata Seaweed extract with citrus extract as well as Bellis Daisy, Licorice, Gotu Kola and Willow Bark extracts to help slough off old sunscreen, dead skin cells and other summer debris while helping to brighten and even the appearance of the skin. For an intensive treatment, the Biolight® Brightening Sheet Mask is a brightening facial in a mask that takes less than 15 minutes. It contains Glutathione as well as Alpha Arbutin and Diglucosyl Gallic Acid combined with exclusive Repêchage Seaweed extracts to help brighten and even the appearance of the skin, all ready to use in an easy to apply presaturated sheet mask.
2. Watermelon (Citrullus lanatus) contains phytochemicals such as lycopene, vitamin C, and Beta-carotene, and is known to help reduce the appearance of dark spots, sallowness and hyperpigmentation.
Find it in: Biolight® Brightening Skin Serum contains Watermelon extract, three Peptides and Repêchage® exclusive Laminaria Seaweed extract s to help brighten and even the appearance of skin tone to uncover a complexion that looks more radiant, luminous, and even toned.
3. Cucumber: Not just good for salads, this ingredient is hydrating, and reported to be cooling while it helps reduce the appearance of puffiness.
Find it in: Biolight® Frost Bright™ Eye Contour Gel contains cooling and refreshing Cucumber, while a unique combination of ingredients such as Caffeine, two Peptides and Seaweed help to brighten the appearance of the eye contour area.
4. Mastic Water: Mastic or Mastiha is a precious, ivory-colored resin with a balsam-like scent derived from the mastic tree from the Aegean Island of Chios. This ingredient is known to help reduce dryness while helping reduce the appearance of fine lines and dark spots.
Find it in: The Hydra Dew Pure™ Facial Essence Mist is a unique, hybrid skin care serum and hydrating facial spray is based on Mastic Water that helps restore moisture to create dewy, radiant skin anytime.
5. Zinc: Not just for lifeguards, this is natural mineral that provides a physical barrier to environmental aggressors such as free radicals and pollution year round. This also creates a protective barrier to help prevent water loss.
Find it in: Mineral Face Shield®is a zinc-based, water free formula that glides on sheer to the skin instantly creating an even-matte finish. This helps create a physical barrier to pollution and free radicals, with a skin- friendly formula that is gentle even on the most sensitive skin types. The perfect pre-makeup prep, leaves skin smooth and soft, never greasy.
The best way to get started on a skincare routine? Try our new starter kits that offer a two-week supply of a complete skincare routine. Discover what's new
Comments will be approved before showing up.