I know these times are very challenging for everyone. We are all in the same boat! But, even when we are busy at home, there are so many ways we can carve out self-care time to restore ourselves and our well-being.
Now, more than ever, it’s so important to take a holistic approach to your wellness and skin care program. The skin, as we know, is our biggest organ, so taking care of it can have real benefits for our overall well-being. Likewise, what you do to restore yourself, from healthy eating and exercise to mindful meditation and relaxation all can manifest in beautiful, healthy skin.
Here, I shared my own personal wellness routine, as well as gave my own personal favorite Repêchage products in an interview with Aubrey of Aubrey Up Close.
You can view the full interview here, but these are the takeaways from the interview that I’m sure will help you reduce stress, practice a holistic skin care program and continue to move forward with overall wellness.
My Favorite Products
It is impossible to say one product that is my favorite, but right now, these products are helping promote beautiful skin while providing a relaxing start and finish to my day:
- Triple Action Peptide Mask For All Skin Types I use this every single day with the Triple Action Peptide Serum. I apply the Serum twice a day, but during my bath, I then apply the Peptide Serum Sheet Mask.
- On top of these, I use the Ionto Massager. This device helps with the absorption of the four peptides and Laminaria Digitata Seaweed filtrate, as well as the other potent botanical ingredients. As you know, the main seaweed that we use is Laminaria Digitata, our proprietary extract that is very rich in minerals, vitamins, amino acids, phlorotannins, phyto-hormones,—really everything your skin needs.
- We have even created a product for clients undergoing radiation, which is Hydra Dew Pure™ Oil with Mastic Oil. Mastic Oil comes from an island in Greece called Chios. It’s wonderful and very soothing for all skin types.
My Nightly Routine to Promote Sleep and Well Being
You know that old saying “beauty sleep?” Beauty sleep is very important and if we don’t sleep well we get dark circles, puffy eyes, and ashy and gray skin. I have created a wonderful wellness routine that people and clients can do at home. You may think you are too busy if you have small children, but it’s essential to take time for yourself, Stress first manifests itself on our skin,
- I start with a wonderful dry brushing with Signature Repechage® Dry Brush to get your circulation going and provide a great exfoliation.
- Then I take Sea Spa Glow, which has Peppermint, Spearmint, and Seaweed extracts and Dead Sea Salts, and I massage the whole body with it, It’s very invigorating and very refreshing. I rinse it all off and I then, I take a bath.
- Sometimes I use different sheet masks while in the bath, depending on my skin condition. There are Repêchage sheet masks for all skin concerns, including dry, sensitive, dull, uneven and mature skin. One great option for every skin type is the Lamina Lift™ Hydrating Seaweed Mask For All Skin Types This mask contains Laminaria Digitata Seaweed, Orange Water and Aloe extracts and Hyaluronic Acid for real moisturizing benefits.
- This is also a time for relaxing, beneficial facial massage. You can use a tool such as our new Kansa Wand for massaging, or, if you need extra help around the eye area, to address signs of fatigue or puffiness, I use the Silver Ball Massager. This is a stainless steel ball that I massage gently around the eye area to help reduce the appearance of puffiness.
- Finish with a nice hot cup of chamomile tea and slip between the sheets! You will sleep much better.
Create a Wellness Program for Now and Always
- With my over 47 years of skin care expertise, we look at skin very individually. Overall beauty has always meant to me, in my practice, in taking a holistic approach to everything. We don’t just treat skin from forehead to chin. We treat skin as the largest organ that it is. So literally from your scalp to your toes, when you treat your skin right, you feel healthier, you feel more balance
- We understand that stress creates inflammation in the body as well. So eating healthy foods and drinking vegetable juices is very important. I start my day with celery juice, combined with lemon and ginger just to boost the immune system.
- Find things other than TV or devices to relax you. Meditate; listen to music—that’s my beauty routine. The worst thing to do is to listen to the news and TV at night before you go to bed. Read a poem, listen to music, think of beautiful things, and beautiful things will come to you.
WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW WITH YOUR CAL LIFE
Repêchage Will Always Be Here for YOU
Life is an ongoing process. We want you and your clients to know that they can go online to repechage.com, or they can call us, 1-800-248-SKIN (7546). But, more than ever, I want you to know that we are here for you, not just to sell you products. We have decades of experience in holistic care, and we are here to help, not only through the current crisis, but always.