We've all seen the candy commercials where a lush swirl of velvety chocolate folds into itself and funnels into a little whirlpool of heaven. Tempted to dive in? Don't feel silly! The rolling, rich mixture speaks volumes intuitively to your skin, because there is a truth to it: Cocoa powder, the main ingredient in chocolate, should be used in everyone's skin care routine. Here's why:
- It is super nourishing! Cocoa powder contains flavonoids and minerals such as magnesium, copper, potassium, and calcium that nourish skin.
- Besides smelling delicious, increasing your exposure to flavonoids can help keep skin supple by improving the skin’s texture and elasticity.
- Want your skin to look glowing? You can credit the use of cocoa with increased hydration and improves the complexion.
- If you experience dry skin, especially during the colder months, cocoa powder can be just what your skin needs to feel smooth and soft
- By giving your skin proper moisture from cocoa powder, this can help lessen the appearance of any fine lines or wrinkles.
The many skin benefits of this natural skin care ingredient is why we've created a chocolate face mask for your skin to enjoy - our FUSION™ Chocofina Moisturizing Mask!
This moisturizing face mask combines organic cocoa and a bevy of other natural skin care ingredients, including organic coconut oil, seaweed, kaolin clay, aloe, rosewater, and hyaluronic acid, so you can get a professional beauty treatment at-home and have skin that feels velvety soft and refreshed! (Bonus: For the month of February, we’re giving away a FREE chic, reusable canvas and faux leather cosmetic bag with each Chocofina Moisturizing Mask!)
Why Should You Use a Face Mask in Your Skin Care Routine?
Why is using a face mask such an important step in your skin care routine? One of the biggest skin care mistakes we see people making is not using face masks at-home. Face masks help hydrate the skin, improve the appearance of pores, and can help give you younger looking skin. They are powerful skin care tools for anyone looking for a deep cleanse while locking in moisture and nutrients.
And how often should you use a face mask? Our experts recommend you use a face mask two times a week. We've noticed that when one begins masking regularly, the changes become visible to everyone, so don’t be surprised when people start coming to you for skin care advice and ask how your skin became so radiant!
Repêchage – The Best Ingredients from Earth and Sea
With 40 years of experience in professional skin care, at Repêchage we are committed to developing only the best skin care treatments possible. In that time, we've made all our skin care products in the USA, combining the best ingredients from earth and sea. Our CEO and Founder Lydia Sarfati, a world-renowned skin care expert and master esthetician, has lived by this philosophy.
Sarfati says, "I love cooking amazing meals for my family and just as with cooking, when it comes to developing products, only the best ingredients will do!"
*This blog is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice, treatment or diagnosis. Always seek the advice of your doctor or health provider with any questions or concerns you may have about a medical condition.