For Leslie Crowell esthetics is more than a career, it is her passion. Leslie serves as the International Spa Aesthetic Department Leader at Three-13 Salon, Spa & Boutique, is an esthetics educator, makeup artist, and holds the prestigious CIDESCO Diploma.
Leslie first began her journey in the field in 1982 when her brother Lester asked her to help build a spa department at his Atlanta salon. Leslie took on this challenge by committing to learning everything she could about esthetics to develop Three-13’s now award-winning spa department.
She believes her 40 years of experience in the spa industry and working passionately to perfect the art of facials is what drives her to solve her guests’ skin challenges while providing an essential nurturing and calming experience.
For Leslie, the gift of touch is a natural skill she has always possessed, and she uses this gift to educate not only her staff but also her guests. Education allows her to share her plethora of knowledge with others, travel the world and experience other cultures, techniques and is what has helped build a thriving spa.
Leslie and her team have garnered notable achievements under her direction such as Repêchage Rising Star Award, Repêchage Presidential Award, named Repêchage Spa of The Year multiple times, including at last month’s Repêchage 20th Annual International Conference, Best Makeup Artist in Atlanta and eleven nominations for North American Hairstyling Awards.
One of the most cherished moments of her career came when she became a CIDESCO Diplomat. She also takes great honor in being an instrumental developer of the first “FACIAL ON THE GO BAR” that utilizes Repêchage Skincare.
Leslie looks forward to many more years of providing excellent skincare and education to the ever growing spa department at Three-13 Salon, Spa & Boutique. We chatted with Leslie to learn about her personal skin care routine and best advice for beautiful skin.
(Lester Crowell, Leslie’s brother and Managing Partner of Three 13-Salon, Spa and Boutique, Lydia Sarfati, Repêchage CEO and Founder and Leslie Crowell)
What is your personal daily skin care routine?
My Morning Skin care Regimen:
- Cleansing: Hydra Medic Face Wash for Oily Problem Skin (I use steam from the shower to soften my skin)
- Toning: Hydra 4 Tonic/ Hydra Medic Astringent
- Serums: C-Serum Seaweed Filtrate / Red-Out Serum
- Eye treatment: Vita Cura Opti-Lift Serum / Biolight Frost Bright Eye Contour Gel
- Finishing Cream: Biolight Brightening Daytime Protection Cream
My Evening Skin care Regimen:
- Cleansing: Hydra 4 Cleanser/ Red-Out Cleanser
- Toning: Hydra 4 Tonic/ Hydra Medic Astringent
- Serums: C-Serum Seaweed Filtrate/ Red-Out Serum and Vita Cura Renewal Serum
- Eye treatment: Opti-Firm Eye Contour Cream
- Finishing Cream: Biolight Brightening Overnight Cream
Why do you use these products?
My skin type is combination-normal to oily and sensitive. I use this combination of Repêchage products to customize my treatment and I have seen a dramatic difference in the appearance of my skin. I have been able to stay nourished, retain moisture, soothe the appearance of my skin and keep the appearance of redness at bay.
Do you change up your skin care routine based on season?
I do adjust my skincare regimen to season changes, inward and outward environmental changes to accommodate my skin type and condition as well. This is why a skincare specialist is so important in every day care! The chemistry is only as “GOOD AS THE CHEMIST”- Your Professional Esthetician!
How long have you been using Repêchage and why Repêchage?
I have been using Repêchage products since 2002. I have changed my regimen throughout my journey and I have seen successful results with the care, quality and education that Repêchage provides.
(Vita Cura Renewal Serum and Vita Cura Triple Firming Cream are the two most popular products at Three-13 Salon, Spa and Boutique)
What are the most popular retail products and spa treatments among your clients?
The top 3 products that are uber healthy and always selected are:
The most popular professional treatments selected are:
What are the most common skin concerns you see amongst clients, and how do you help with these concerns?
Aging: This is the most common concern and request. We are always desiring to look and feel younger. I suggest the Vita Cura Collection
- Vita Cura Triple Action Cleansing Cream
- Vita Cura Renewal Toner
- Vita Cura Opti-Lift Serum
- Vita Cura Renewal Serum
- Vita Cura Triple Firming Cream
This regimen provides advanced firming results and helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Hyperpigmentation/Uneven skin tone: This is second most common request. I suggest a skin care regimen for skin brightening with Biolight Collection:
- Biolight Brightening Cleanser
- Biolight Brightening Toner
- Biolight Brightening Skin Correct Serum
- Biolight Brightening Miracle Mask
- Biolight Frost Bright Eye Contour Gel
- Biolight Brightening Daytime Protection Cream
- Biolight Brightening Overnight Cream
This regimen provides brightening and creates a luminous appearance.
(Before/after using Repêchage Biolight® Miracle Facial with Glyco-Sea™ Glycolic Peel and Hydra Dew® Express Lift Moisture Mask. One treatment per week was done over an 8 week period, alternating the two facials each week, and adding the Repêchage Electro-Lift Treatment to each facial. To continue the benefits of the treatment, at-home care with the Biolight Collection.)
What have the results been for clients since using these products/treatments?
With my guests I have in both challenges seen a dramatic difference in the 1st month of application and they are tremendously thrilled to find a skincare program that they can actually see the progress and worth the investment! They are in love with the results!
What do you tell your clients is the MOST important step in their skin care routine and why?
Follow your skincare regimen twice daily and combine with the professional advice and care from your personal skincare specialist.
For clients who just can’t commit to a full skin care routine, I recommend they _____.
ALWAYS CLEANSE AND PROTECT!
- “CLEANSING“ massage not only removes the days surface environmental collection it also brings your own circulation which helps to provide natural nutrients and oxygen by way of your own circulation.
- “PROTECTION” from the outer environment is so important. We can’t always control the environment, but we can provide a moisturizing treatment that shields and nourishes the skin while being subjected to the elements of the environment.
What are your top 3 skin care tips for clients?
- Follow a daily skin care regimen with quality ingredients to protect and nourish.
- Use proper sunscreen and reapply according to your skin type.
- Connect with a skin care specialist in your community to achieve optimal results.
What are your top 3 health and wellness tips for clients?
- Cleanse-feed-hydrate- internally and externally.
- Move your skin and body for optimal circulation.
- Rest and replenish your mind.
Three-13 Salon, Spa & Boutique
2663 Canton Rd.
Marietta, GA 30066